If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
We may be able to help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.
- For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's Frequently Asked Questions about Passports web page.
The following information is for immigrants. Please contact my office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
- How can I apply for lawful permanent residence ("green cards")?
- How can I obtain information on naturalization?
- How can I gain employment authorization?
- Are there services for anyone who has a case pending With USCIS?
- How can I obtain legal advice?
- How can I undergo an immigration medical examination?
- How can I adopt a child from another country?
The following information is for Senior Citizens. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE
Our office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security's Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool (BEST) to check if you qualify.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about social security services and benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.