- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- You MUST fill out your FAFSA every semester you are in college to be eligible for financial aid, including scholarships, grants, and loans.
- Federal Student Aid
- Overall website to get you started as you begin to prepare for college.
- College Affordability and Transparency Center
- Allows you to “generate reports” on the tuition and costs of various universities.
- Big Future
- Scholarships for 1st Generation College Students
- Scholarship America
- MALDEF- The Latino Legal Voice for Civil Rights in America Scholarship Info
- Career One Stop
- Job-related information and resources that are useful for all high school seniors--those you want to go to college and those who plan to join the workforce after graduation.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Profiles that cover hundreds of occupations and employment projects for 2010-2020.
- Spanish Language Career Videos
- Spanish language videos for more than 300 careers, organized into sixteen “career clusters.”
- Careers in the Military
- Explore various career paths in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and National Guard.
- O-Net Online
- Job research tool.
CHOOSING & APPLYING TO COLLEGE
- College Navigator
- One of the most extensive and comprehensive sites for researching various colleges and universities.
- ACT Majors Map
- Interactive map that allows you to learn about, and explore, various majors.
- College Scorecard
- White House site providing“scorecards” for colleges based on factors such as programs or majors offered, awards, type, cost, location, and enrollment size.
- Texas College & Career
- Tools to keep track of your high school courses and credits to ensure you have what you need to graduate; organize test scores, awards and honors; research schools to find the best fit for you; manage and track your applications online; research and apply for financial aid; and plan for your career.
- College for All Texans
- Provides checklists, financial aid info, transferring tips, Texas core curriculum, planning tool, comparing and deciding on where you want to apply, degree programs.
- Apply Texas
- A “one-stop shop” for applying to college in Texas - one application can be used for all public universities and community colleges in Texas.
- Information on state-wide initiative to help current and future Texas students prepare for college and careers.